Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) are persons who perform at least 50% of professional level safety duties, including making worksite assessments to determine risks, assessing potential hazards and controls, evaluating risks and hazard control measures, investigating incidents, maintaining and evaluating incident and loss records, and preparing emergency response plans. Other duties could include hazard recognition, fire protection, regulatory compliance, health hazard control, ergonomics, hazardous materials management, environmental protection, training, accident and incident, investigations, advising management, record keeping, emergency response, managing safety programs, product safety and/or security.
- Will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field or an associate in safety, health, or the environment.
- The associate degree must include at least four courses with at least 12 semester hours/18 quarter hours of study in the safety, health, or environmental domains covered in the CSP examination blueprint.
- Will have 4 years of safety experience where safety is at least 50%, preventative, professional level with breadth and depth of safety duties.
- Will have a BCSP-Approved Credential:
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist® (CIH®)
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)*
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)*
- Certified Safety Engineer (CSE), as administered by the State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS), People's Republic of China (PRC)*
- Master in Occupational Safety and Health, International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITC-ILO)*
- Member in the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (MISPN)*
- NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety*
- Professional Member of the Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (SISO)*
- Diploma/Certificate in Industrial Safety, as issued by the State Government Departments/Boards of Technical Education, Government of India*
- Must pass the CSP examination.
*Note that all education requirements must be met when pursuing the CSP
To Retain the CSP certification, individuals must:
- Pay an annual renewal fee.
- Meet Recertification requirements.
For full details please contact :- "+91 96745 31885"